Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

How/Where & What?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dokuga Kazu
Demon Carrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I typed Naruto D20 RPG and this was the first link that led me to anything credible.
And since the game was so emense and awsome, I decided to stick around lol.
I to am a big fan of the Pupeteers and can't wait for someone to make stats of Satori of the Red Sands, the guy who made human pupets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Naruto d20 Store
insatiabledarkness
Genin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to make a d20 game based on naruto, but first I tried searching google for "narutoD20" and voila. It appeared. I read through some things and found it to be just what I was looking for.
Dastek
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had been wanting to make a run a Naruto game for a while but didn't have any material to go on. I ran searches on google but I somehow over looked this site. It wasn't till about a month later someone mentioned this site on a Yahoo group I'm on. And thus... here I am.
DotonLizard
Banned or Something Like It

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol looking for a Bleach D20 and this came up instead!

Lol i had given up on Naruto until this
ITS LIKE A DRUG MAN!!!

And I can thank Frankto for getting me addicted.... Thanks alot!
Hitsen
Kage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was linked from Rpol.net
I think it was kp91's game that I saw and was like "Naruto... d20? Ohhhhh jeez... this is going to suck."
And what do you know....
I was right. Twisted Evil

Joking! JOKING!

I like EVERYTHING about Naruto d20. Well, except that snakes require an evil alignment. Grrrr.... Razz
Super Pervert
Super Pervert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manda is pretty evil. He demands human sacrifice, and not in the good way, like how the Aztecs needed blood sacrifice and human hearts to keep the sun from dying. IN the bad way, like, I'm a Colossal friggin' snake who likes the idea of my servants killing their own species as a show of loyalty.

-Jiraiya
Naruto d20 Store
aviary_fp
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came upon this back before Kraken had even posted the first chapter of Foxhound, for those who get the reference. I think I still have the original first edition (which is printable, though obsolete by now) kicking around somewhere on my hard drive... Oddly enough, I never noticed the forums until Frankto changed the site's format.
Cikada
Chuunin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some time, i think a little over 2 years ago one of my friends started running a narutod20 game, I instantly joined being a huge naruto fan, and equaly huge table top roleplaying fan.
Genin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across it when a friend went hey, want to play a rpg based on an Anime? (I hadnt even watch naruto before)
Now am utterly hooked on the manga and the game and are group has played about 4 or 5 campaigns.

Majorly impressed with the system, especially the section for making your own jutsu's (we've already made over the 200 mark Razz).
Even added an NPC named in honour of Frankto who provides the characters with access to new stuff in game each time an edition is released Razz
Haku
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long-standing D20 user and a long-time Naruto user....Inevitably a mix of time, boredom and idle curiosity led me collate the two into one search check on google. A few fumbling link chases later and here I am! Groping my way through far more than I bargained for.

I can't quite place my finger on a favourite part of the project yet, it's mere existence is a delight on it's own. However I must say that the detail and conviction to capture the world as best you are able seems to be most striking aspect. Keep up the good work!
ZeronosVega
The Tank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I met a friend of mine who had played Naruto d20 before. After an unsuccessful attempt at a super-hero d20 (we tried to create one), we decided to start a Naruto d20, instead.

From there, we've been active players.
Yachoumaru Oda
Chuunin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend linked me to the site, joined his game and became a constant thorn in his side ever since.

Particuarly enjoy the sheer variety of elemental techniques out there, really forces ya to be imaginative in creating environments for encounters. Although would like to see some more mokuton stuff, but then again it is a virtually unique affinity.

'I kill...with my mind'
-Eddie Dean, Dark Tower
kakuro
ANBU Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Regular DM brought it up on the way to my third con in 08. he'd told me about it after I'd mentioned various online naruto rpg forums I'd lurked on. I joined up a few weeks afterward and despite a few disastrous first time sessions, members constantly leaving, psychotic hyouton team killing fucktards and so many noobs joining up that it fucked up the team flow. I've been hooked ever since. My favorite class will always be without a doubt the puppeteer class since the book's component's are extremely neglected compared to everything else in the book, my brain got the chance to run wild making up new overkill home brews and testing the limits of my DM 's patience and sanity.

Last edited by kakuro on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I remember finding it after banging in Naruto RPG into Google. Hooked soon after, enjoyed GMing it so much. And for a decent superhero RPG, look up Godlike. Based around WW2, but is fantastic overall. Sadly, not d20, but runs off the ORE system, so get ahold of those d10's. You'll be needing a lot of them.
Best Regards,
TheTrulyAvaricious.
Shozo Akubi
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out about Nd20 from a game on RPOL in '08 or '09. As it stands Naruto is the second anime watched the first being Rurouni Kenshin (only manga i've ever picked up and read though)

I immediately liked the game, though I've only played it a few times, it's my favorite d20 game.

On a side note Frankto you're my number two hero.
Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm, I believe that this thread was dead, but I may as well carry on by saying that I was directed to it by a friend, after playing some 4e. I loved it because there were so many different "techniques", all of which could be learned by any one character (regardless of class or a limit on number). I also liked the fact that storylines seemed much more... involved in nd20. After that, I was hooked for at least the next few years, and my inner imaginings took on a whole new angle.
Dairius_Chi
Situationally Useful

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend told me about it(not really sure when originally...), fell in love.

Not to say it's perfect but I've certainly grown to appreciate some of the things I had resented earlier on...I feel that's as good a statement to the game as any.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: