Donate - narutod20 Store - Log in - Register - Profile - Log in, check your inbox - FAQ - Search - Members - Groups

New this week: Conjurer's Codex: Demon Clown at the Naruto d20 Store! Enjoy the book, everyone!

Naruto d20 - Ancestral Archives
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Supplements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bardicain
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just have to ask, will the Rinnegan be balanced to player use (such as a major bloodline, with the powerful stuff being unlocked later in a similar way to how mangenkyou sharingan unlocks at a later level), or will it be something that should only be used by NPCs? I'm interested to see how it would be balanced. One more thing, anything new for the jinchuuriki? That is all Very Happy
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already posted what I've got of the rinnegan. And to answer your question, not ever.

As for Jinchuuriki, I'm probably going to include the new bijuu in the Creature's Compendium. No progress on the jinchuuriki template front.

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - Java IRC Client

Thanks to all who donated! Your generosity is what keeps the project going!
Bardicain
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean not ever? I know you hate the rinnegan, but you said it would be included at the beginning of this post- or do you mean it will never be balanced?
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably that it'll never be done with the intent of players to use. Let's face it, in order to do the Rinnegan justice, it needs to be broken as fuck. It's a +12 CR, with no Level Adjustment, and gives you access to free powers, stat boosts, hp increases, skill bonuses and a whole load of other shit. I created a character that had this template, and at just 14 class levels, he could very easily drop most epic characters on numbers alone. Add in the whole host of abilities, and I could probably tank Ichibi using nothing but a quarterstaff. All well within the Rinnegan's capabilities.

If it was balanced, it would need to be very, very watered down. I estimate you'd be taking about 12 feats to match up with those provided with the template, and even as a Major bloodline, you'd probably still get an extra +5 LA. AT LEAST. So, its not that it won't ever be balanced, but it can't be balanced. The Rinnegan is all the OP. Simple.

Hope that answers your question.
Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Frankto Fallacy: The more you ask about something, the more likely it will never happen.

Too many people have asked about the Rinnengan. Thus, it's never going to happen.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

? Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

Jensik
Sharkbait

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the Rinnegan was released Christmas 2011.
Felix_Zyphros
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sssh, Jensik, we can't let the secret get out.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

? Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain that most people here know that... however, it was by no means balanced for player use, and slightly incomplete.

(not to say that I approve of it being OP)
SirShadow
Biffu Aroi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was fine for player use. Fine? yes. Practical? No. even if your party starts in Epic levels, the Rinnegan bearer is only going to have like 7 or so HD.

The fact is, there shouldn't be a rinnegan made for player use because it's honestly not something a player should have access to.

Also, the file Frankto put out was entirely complete aside from 2 Epic feats he didn't want to include. Possibly because it would spoil the boss in a certain someone's campaign.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Rinnegan is not fine for player use. It does not have a level adjustment, and it never will--and if it did, it would be somewhere along the lines of +15 or higher. But it doesn't, and nobody in their right mind would give it one.

Faran Kredo
Younin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that I once created a template with a +12 ECL. This was not for player use though. It didn't even get close in power to what the rinnegan could do...

(basically a lot of really really cool powers that the guy broke out when he needed them, along with tons of bonuses to this and that. However, the guy never got to the point that he could level cities, although he could challenge Kage's by level 12 easily. That was a template too powerful to fall into player hands, so the rinnegan should never go boyond the gm. On the rare occasion that a player has it, they should be overly inexperienced in its use at the start of the campaign, limiting its usefulness, and by the time that it comes into its own, the other players should be well into epics.)
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, an actual progress update. Who knew? I finished the Speed and Steam Release bloodlines. More to come in the (distant?) future.

Ms. Maxwell
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Frankto. Can you work on a bloodline template for 2 bloodlines characters like Mei Terumi (Mizukage)? A player of my game would like to create a character like her, using storm and blaze release; but I have no idea how to do it w/o LA or a template... Some specific rule for the system. <3
TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in dual-weilding kekkai genkai? I don't see it being too much of a problem.

Player takes Lightning as an Primary affinity, seeing as Storm is Lightning+Water, and the general consensus is, based on Sasuke anyway, is that Blaze is Lightning+Fire. Player get's two feats at first level for free, assuming they are normal humans, and one from their occupation. Player gets two feats Enton (Blaze Release) and Ranton (Storm Release) as their starting feats, and you probably will houserule they can't select either Enton or Ranton as a Primary affinity, it'd have to be Lightning. Player ends up with three natures at first level, and two advanced natures.

Clear it with your other players, that there okay with this. Because truth be told, it isn't broken. It just gives that player a few more options, in return for a couple of feats. It's not worth, unless your giving them anything else, making it a bloodline. Hence why Mokuton is just a feat, and Hyouton can be a Intermediate bloodline, because of Hyouma.

The only issue you may have is that they may argue taking Elementalist levels for Raiton (Lightning) will mean they get all the benefits to their advanced natures, as both are made up with Lightning. I am very sure that is a major fallacy, as the only class that even remotely allows that is Devastator, with the Advanced Chakra Natures, allowing a player to manipulate two elements into one technique, swapping half of the energy damage into energy damage of the other nature, and then applying any benefits their Elementalist class levels may grant.

I would, as a GM, allow that. It's not a bloodline, but it'd work, and work fairly well too. I wouldn't really do it as a bloodline at all. I see Mei's player doing as I said here, and then just bombing most of her levels into Elementalist and Devastator. As a ECL 25 (roughly) character, I bet she can afford to do so. She never does hand to hand, or is seen with a weapon. We've yet to see her do any genjutsu. Her abilties do just seem focused into her elemental ninjutsu.
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms. Maxwell wrote:
H2 bloodlines characters like Mei Terumi?

Sure, why not?

Aaaand done.

Devastator. Check it out.

Likewise, the truly avarious is almost right. You can take two nature transformation bloodlines (or 3, if you find an occupation that allows it), or a nature combination bloodline (or 2, if you're really crazy) and a normal bloodline. You'll see this stuff in the Archives.

TheTrulyAvaricious
Bijuu/Tailed Beast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it from the big man himself. Looking forward to these supplements so much, its nigh unbearable. Ah well, here's me quietly watching and hoping.
Ms. Maxwell
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheTrulyAvaricious wrote:

2 feats? Well, It is like four elements at the first level. And Hyouton and Mokuton have jutsus with 'release' descriptor; but Enton and Ranton don't. So all Lightining jutsus (Raiton) will have 2 versions? One with Enton and the other one with Ranton? So... Enton Chidori and Ranton Chidori (for e.g.) only dealing Lightning damage, or 'Enton/raiton damage'?

The actual core does not show any Blaze or Storm release, this is way I'm so confused allowing her to have two advanced elements.
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms. Maxwell wrote:

2 feats? Well, It is like four elements at the first level. And Hyouton and Mokuton have jutsus with 'release' descriptor; but Enton and Ranton don't. So all Lightining jutsus (Raiton) will have 2 versions? One with Enton and the other one with Ranton? So... Enton Chidori and Ranton Chidori (for e.g.) only dealing Lightning damage, or 'Enton/raiton damage'?

The actual core does not show any Blaze or Storm release, this is way I'm so confused allowing her to have two advanced elements.

First come the Release, then come the jutsus. And Sasuke's Amaterasu Shield is a Blaze Release. And that one Cloud Nin uses various Storm Release.
Ms. Maxwell
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmkawasaki wrote:
Ms. Maxwell wrote:

First come the Release, then come the jutsus. And Sasuke's Amaterasu Shield is a Blaze Release. And that one Cloud Nin uses various Storm Release.

Well, I'm talking about the corebook... I know about the anime/manga jutsus (even don't liking Naruto). Hyouton and Mokuton inflict the advanced element damage with 'release' jutsus, but there is not any Enton or Ranton jutsus...
cmkawasaki
Lazy Programmer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ms. Maxwell wrote:
cmkawasaki wrote:

Well, I'm talking about the corebook... I know about the anime/manga jutsus (even don't liking Naruto). Hyouton and Mokuton inflict the advanced element damage with 'release' jutsus, but there is not any Enton or Ranton jutsus...

Why have jutsus in the main file if no-one can take them without a supplement?
Ms. Maxwell
Genin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmkawasaki wrote:
Ms. Maxwell wrote:
cmkawasaki wrote:

Why have jutsus in the main file if no-one can take them without a supplement?

Indeed~
Well... makes sense. So, I'll ask to her work on jutsus.
Weejiez
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: uppdate Reply with quote

can we get an update on the Ancestral Archives supplement?
Mibu_Kabuto
Kage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankto wrote:
Hey, guys. This is just a progress update to let you know that the project is going to be delayed for a while. The fact is, I'm not running or playing any ND20 games right now and I've kind of run out of steam.

It doesn't help that I've recently gotten into Pathfinder and I'm developing some proper Modern-day rules for a campaign I'm planning on running and possible future distribution.

Sorry to disappoint all of you who were expecting more. It's not dead—not yet, at any rate. It's just been put on the backburner.

If you had checked the Creatures Compendium thread you would have seen this. Sorry if that came out dicky.

We are the White Shadows.
Bardicain
Genin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, I can't wait! This is probably going to be my favorite supplement by far! I love stuff like bloodlines and odd abilities. Just gonna have to be patient. If he adds in Pathfinder rules (or maybe just a simple conversion pdf) it could be awesome.
Naruto d20 Store
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bardicain wrote:
If he adds in Pathfinder rules (or maybe just a simple conversion pdf) it could be awesome.

I can confirm right now with 100% certainty that this is not going to happen.

sparks
Genin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still active? I'm gonna run a game in about 3 months and I want to use something like this
Reznor
Kage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release plan on this one?
Frankto
Shinobigami

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBD.

Jokerakos
Genin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: A new member appreciates the work of Frankto Reply with quote

Just wanted to express my appreciation for the work that have been done till now as a new member of this forum. I am more interested in the Creatures Compendium but up for this too!!

Great work hang in there Smile
hennuae
Genin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news on this one? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Narutod20.com Forum Index -> Naruto d20 Supplements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: